This week is the last week of your subscription if you signed up for the 10 week subscription starting January 6th. Interested in signing up again? We’re offering your 11th week FREE when you sign up for another 10 week subscription before March 28th!
Over the next 10 weeks we will start to see more signs of spring including greenhouse grown tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, beet greens, rhubarb, asparagus and fiddleheads.
This week we are seeing a return of the micro-greens, cucumbers and apples!
Small Subscription includes:
Blue Fingerling Potatoes – Grown spray free at Elmridge Farm in Centreville, NS
Micro Greens – Grown by River View Herbs in Maitland, NS
Empire Apples – Grown conventionally by Noggins Corner Farm in Greenwich, NS
Celeriac – Grown spray free at Elmridge Farm in Centreville, NS
English Cucumber – Greenhouse Grown by den Haan Greenhouses in Lawrencetown, NS
Frozen Butternut Squash – Grown Conventionally by Elmridge Farm in Centreville, NS
– or –
Cranberries – Grown conventionally by Indian Garden Farms in Hebbville, NS
Large Subscription includes everything listed above except squash, plus the following:
Cremini Mushrooms – Grown without the use of pesticides at Valley Mushrooms in Hartsville, PEI
Meal Plan – March 10th to 16th
|Sunday||Pork Chops with Celeriac & Apple Puree with Squash|
|Monday||Garlic Herb Mushroom Spaghetti|
|Tuesday||Turkey Burgers with homemade tzaziki & microgreens|
|Wednesday||Halibut with blue potatoes|
|Saturday||Chicken thighs with roasted veggies (whatever is left from the week)|
- ½ large english cucumber
- 500ml plain Foxhill yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grate the cucumber and place in a mess sieve, sprinkle with salt, leave the cucumber to drain in the fridge overnight.
- Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and oil in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix grated cucumber and dill into yogurt mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita bread or veggies for dipping, or use as a spread on a sandwich or burger!